12/15/12

Elephants and Rhinos... Chitwan NP

I spent the last 3 days in Chitwan NP near Indian border.

 I got to see rhinos several times, once in the river by the sunset, once really close from the safety of the  elephant's back  and once when taking a shortcut to town from my near the jungle located hotel. Walking home after dinner, in the dark, with the fog around not letting you see more than few meters ahead of you, it was sure an adrenaline adventure.




The little town has his magic, it being off season, the restaurants and streets are empty. Here and there someone riding an elephant coming through.






There is a spot by the river, where the elephants take bath every day. You can come and watch or join. Good way to get wet for sure. I was there on a slow day and watched 3 elephants lying on their sides getting rub by their owners. Little like a car wash... just for elephants.
.




It was the season of mustard flowers blooming and season of baby animals. I saw puppies, kittens, chicks, ducklings, kids... and baby elephants when I went for an afternoon walk one day.









Chitwan NP was nice, but I was ready to move on.