1/6/13

Last few days in Kathmandu, Drubar Square, Baktapur


This is my last post from Kathmandu. I am packing today to fly to Bangkok early in the morning and than Myanmar the next day. I still have to pick my passport up at the Burma Embassy, hopefully with the visa in it. Kathmandu is getting colder every day, almost freezing at night, that is rather unpleasant since the rooms here have no heating. I am looking forward to Yangon's hot tropical weather.

I walked south of Thamel to on Saturday, to explore the area around Durbar Square. I came across the local shopping areas. Way different than what they sell in tourist areas. I didn't resist and picked a new bra in one of the underwear stores... not exactly Victoria Secret. Well, good spent $4.
Anyway pictures are more than words... enjoy.... ( no pics of my new bra.. .sorry)..







 I left the best for the end. I did a day trip to Bhaktapur on Sunday.  Bhaktapur is listed as a World Heritage by UNESCO.
 I spent most of the day walking around the endless narrow streets, watching locals going about their daily routine. For sure amazing architecture and it could only be better if I could go back in time to see what it  looked like in 14th century. 


                                         Samosas


                                    

                                                             Potter's Square