11/6/12

Prague, Ceske Svycarsko a Cesky Raj


I spent last week in Prague, where I had to apply for my transit visa for India. I took advantage of having have to wait for 7 days and visited my friends who live around  Prague.
 My friend Mirek took me to his old cabin in Ceske Svycarko National Park for weekend. The weather changed, and we got first snow of the season. It covered the colorful leaves with few cm of white snow. How pretty! There are Lot's of rock towers and the area is known to be great for climbing .
I visited the Indian Embassy on Monday, it was not far from the castle, so I walked around the old town for little.
I spend few days with my friends living outside of Prague and had good time talking about old times.
I found a great deal for a hostel located on one of the old streets in Prague, near Charles Bridge, Castle and Old Town. US10 got me a bed in newly and clean decorated hostel. It was first time ever I spend night in central of Prague and enjoyed it a lot. It was nice to be able to be a real tourist in the town and maybe enjoy it the way tourists do. I took some nice night photos with full moon.
The next day I took a train to Turnov, to visit my friend Adel. Turnov is near Cesky Raj  (Bohemian Paradise). I had great time drinking good wine and eating good food cooked by Adel's mom. We spent a day hiking around the beautiful nature. Trees had all the colors of the Autumn and trail took us to old castles in the woods and rock towers. Paradise indeed!
I took the train back to Prague, to stay in my hostel for one more night. I had few beers with my Friend Mirek, who gave me a local tour including walking up to the park Letna to see the town all lit up below us.
Cloudy skies the next day for my last few hours in the city. Having  pizza and good Czech beer with my friend Tom and than quick trip to the Embassy, where my passport waited for me with new transit Visa, ending my little get away  by long train ride home.
 
 

Ceske Svycarsko N.P.




 
 
 
 




















 Cesky Raj