2/11/13

Thailand

Thailand
Bangkok, something old and something new.
I spend few days in Bangkok, actually enjoying the busy, modern town that has all the touristy comforts you can think of. Restaurants, bars, shops and massages, unbelievably clean trains and metro with AC that makes getting around town so easy.
 We went to visit the Royal Palace and braved the heat and the crowds of tourists. We only lasted for little over and hour, taking long taxi ride back to our artsy hostel on the other side of the town. I was sharing a room with friends who I met in Burma.
I visited  the Siam Paragon shopping mall the next day, enjoying the AC and people watching. I could not resist to buy cheese and freshly baked bread from local gourmet food shop, it has been so long since I had good European cheese.











Chiang Mai, place of the markets ... ( nights, Saturday and Sunday)
I took a overnight bus to Chiang Mai, North Thailand . It was just in time for the  Chinese New Year. I like this little town, with it's markets, restaurants and massage parlors everywhere.  I feel like being on vacation. Bicycling around, eating delicious food and I even gave myself a day at the pool.

I've got amazing massage yesterday... hour for $8,50....
Today was all about Thai cooking class. I went to a farm to learn to cook some of my favorite Thai meals. Green curry, pat Thai, coconut soup with chicken, papaya salad and the best ever desert... sticky rise with mango. I didn't burn anything or myself and it all tasted soooo good. Can't wait to have dinner parties now!
I am staying one more day. Tomorrow will be all about pool and evening body scrub and massage. Oh... I just love this life!


It is all about the food in Thailand....

Bugs anyone?



Better give the dragon some money...








The best Tom Kha.... ever


I will be leaving day after tomorrow to go up north to smaller towns, maybe staying in he jungle for few days, with hopefully less tourists. From there I will take boat on Mekong river to cross the border to Laos. I am all excited to be starting a new adventure, now when I am all relaxed and rested.

No comments: