6/11/13

The Temples of Angkor

I spent three days exploring the temples on Angkor, mostly on a bicycle, enjoying the cooler temperatures, that early rain season brought.

I was at Angkor Wat for few sunsets and one amazing sunrise trying to get the perfect shots.
 
 I am not going to write much about the temples. Go google it if you are interested. Here are my best photos, enjoy....










Angkor at Sunset






Angkor at sunrise


I spent the first day exploring the big circuit of the smaller, but less visited temples. Sometimes being lucky to be the only one there , feeling like Indian Jones. The green of the jungle contrasting with gray stones. Amazing indeed.

Bayon was my all the time favorite. It doesn't look that interesting untill you get inside and get up the stairs, where 54 towers are decorated with 216 enormous, smiling faces of Avalokiteshvara.








Tha Prohm






















No comments: