5/23/13

Koh Rong



 
I was not expecting much from this little, still undeveloped island. To my surprise it was lovely tropical island with small town and harbor, white sand beaches and turquoise water and jungle. There are no roads on the island. Imagine! No cars.... no motorcycles... no tuk tuks..
The weather changed and it rained almost every day. Watching the lightning at night was one of the best activities to do.
 
 
 
 





 

I kayaked to the small inland you could see from the beach and enjoyed the feeling of being the only one there... I checked out the temple , snorkeled and look for a place to bury my treasures.


 
 


There is a beautiful white sand beach on the other side of Koh Rong. It is tough hour climb up and down to get to it. It is said to be the best place to watch sunset. I didn't get to spend much time there as the boatmen who take you back by boat warned us from storm that was coming. So no sunset for me. The waves were huge and getting onto the boats was a fun challenge.





If I was to change anything on this lovely island. I would take away all the trash that is washed out on the remote beaches and than kill all the sand flies!


 

 
 

No comments: