4/4/13

Cat Ba Festival

The town was slowly getting dressed for the party with flags and lights. You could see the town filling up with locals. The stage was put up and you could hear the whistle and drums from the dragon boats racers that were practicing for the big race every morning.

 The festival officially started with a parade and continued with 2 days of shows, performances, dancing and dragon boat races. There were remote controlled helicopter models flying around with cameras filming the event for the TV, you could watch the life show in TV screen at the pub. It all ended with  a fireworks as  a grand finale on Sunday evening.

















Few more pictures from the trip around island and little hike to the jungle.
Snake, ugly spider and red wood crab would not scare me! Horse flies did... after getting bitten to the point of bleeding, I just lost it and rushed out of there as fast as I could!








I am leaving soon, my visa got renewed so now I have whole 30 days to explore the central and south Vietnam. I am looking forward to the clear blue sky.

1 comment:

Ben Thynne said...

I love these photos, great job!

Have fun on the next leg of your trip.